Registration at the "Bürgerbüro" in Stuttgart (Citizens' Office)
The "Bürgerbüro" (Citzens’ Office) is a service center of the municipality.
There is a system of registration for German nationals and foreigners in Germany:
- Every person who stays longer than three months in Germany is obliged to register at the "Bürgerbüro" (Citizens’ Office).
- The registration has to be done within two weeks ("Anmeldung").
- If you change your address, you have to announce it to the Citizens’ Office (“Bürgerbüro”).
- If you finally leave Germany, you have to make a deregistration ("Abmeldung").
Keep in mind:
- Stop by at the International Office within the first week after your arrival!
- Every time you are moving to another address, you have to reregister! Please inform the International Office about change of domiciles!