You do not need a residence permit, if you are citizen of the European Union.
All other foreign guests have to apply for a residence permit
- before their visa expires;
- if they came to Germany without a visa.
Please come to the International Office. We have the application forms and will go to the Foreigners' Authority for you.
The following items are requested:
- biometric passport photograph
- proof of health insurance
- if you are enrolled at a German University: proof of enrollment
- proof of having successfully finished university etc. (copies).
If your spouse and/or children are with you:
- proof of health insurance for both
- certificate of marriage (for Chinese nationals: legalized marriage certificate)
- children need their birth certificate
- proof of apartment with 24 sqm* (in Stuttgart)
- for each children under ten years 10 sqm and for each child over ten years 12 sqm must be provided* additionally to the parents' are.
* We have the forms at the