Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, Stuttgart
Solid State Research & Material Sciences Structural and Cell Biology
Type of Job
EDV & Informatics
Job offer from May 16, 2017
The Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems has campuses in Stuttgart and Tübingen. Our goal is to understand the principles of perception, action and learning in autonomous systems that successfully interact with complex environments and to use this understanding to design artificially intelligent systems. The Institute studies these principles in biological, computational, hybrid, and material systems ranging from nano to macro scales. We take a highly interdisciplinary approach that combines mathematics, computation, engineering, material science, physics, chemistry, and biology.
- administration of personal computer systems and direct user support for two teams of scientists, engineers, students, technical staff, and administrative staff
- user and inventory administration of personal computer systems that use Windows/Active Directory, MacOS and Linux environments
- user support for all IT questions, including printers and multifunctional devices
- assisting scientists with novel hardware and software related to their research
- planning, configuring, testing, and implementing new technologies and systems for personal computers and workstations
- creating and updating the web pages of the two departments
- technical support and maintenance of our video conference system
- purchase of hardware and software for end users
- you are trained as an IT specialist, hold a bachelor’s degree in computer science, or have an equivalent qualification
- you have very good knowledge of the Windows, MacOS, and Linux operating systems, including installation, security, and maintenance for these systems
- you have good hardware knowledge for desktop computers, workstations, laptops, and mobile devices and a good knowledge of scientific application software and Office products
- preferably, you have experience in first-level user support (help desk)
- you have basic knowledge of networking technologies, Active Directory, and central administration systems such as the System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- you have some knowledge and experience on web page design and content entry systems
- you have basic knowledge of the support of multifunctional devices and printers
- you are used to working in teams, and your willingness to learn is self-evident
- you have very good communication skills in German and English, spoken and written, in person, on the phone, and over email
We are looking for a highly motivated and creative person who wants to join a dynamic international working environment. The Max Planck Society guarantees equal opportunity to all qualified applicants.
Salaries will be based on TVöD guidelines according to previous experience and qualifications. The position is initially limited to two years with the possibility of extension.
The Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. The Max Planck Society is committed to employing more handicapped individuals and especially encourages them to apply.
The application procedure begins with the receipt of the first application, and it ends when the position has been filled. Preference will be given to applications received by June 15, 2017.
Applications should be prepared in English, including a cover letter, current resume, relevant certificates, and any additional documents that support your suitability for this position. Please quote reference number 24.17 in your cover letter and submit your application as a single pdf file to email@example.com or as a hardcopy application to:
Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems