Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, Stuttgart
Solid State Research & Material Sciences Structural and Cell Biology
Type of Job
Medical Imaging Scientist or Engineer
Job offer from May 29, 2017
The Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems has campuses in Stuttgart and Tübingen. Our goal is to understand the principles of perception, action and learning in autonomous systems that successfully interact with complex environments and to use this understanding to design artificially intelligent systems. The Institute studies these principles in biological, computational, hybrid, and material systems ranging from nano to macro scales. We take a highly interdisciplinary approach that combines mathematics, computation, engineering, material science, physics, chemistry, and biology.
Join us at the Physical Intelligence Department, Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, Stuttgart, Germany. This department is directed by Prof. Dr. Metin Sitti and focuses, among other things, on research on microrobots as a promising technology for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases such as cancer.
For our research activities, we are looking for a Medical Imaging Scientist or Engineer in full time.
- creating new imaging protocols
- investigation of actuation, localization, and control methods for miniature medical robots that incorporate magnetic resonance and/or positron emission technologies.
- you have completed or are expecting the immediate completion of your PhD study
- you have a strong research background and experience in medical physics or engineering, particularly in the areas of MRI physics, medical imaging (MRI -, ultrasound- and radiographic imaging, pulse sequence programming, PET), and medical instrumentation
- you have a strong journal publication record
- you have very good communication skills in German and English, both spoken and written
- you are used to working in teams, and your willingness to learn is self-evident
We are looking for a highly motivated and creative person who wants to join a dynamic, international working environment. The Max Planck Society guarantees equal opportunity to all qualified applicants.
An initial employment contract will be offered in full-time for 1 year with a possible extension for many years. Salaries will be based on TVöD guidelines according to previous experience and qualifications.
The Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. The Max Planck Society is committed to employing more handicapped individuals and especially encourages them to apply.
Applications should be prepared in English and they should include a cover letter, a detailed CV, relevant certificates, contact information for three references, and the most significant three journal publications as PDF files. Please submit your application as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Preference will be given to applications received by June 20, 2017.
The application procedure begins with the receipt of the first application, and it ends when the position has been filled.
Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems