Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, Tübingen
Solid State Research & Material Sciences Structural and Cell Biology Computer Science
(Job code 55.17)
Type of Job
Administrative Assistant (part-time)
Job offer from July 13, 2017
The Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems in Tübingen is looking for an administrative assistant to assist with diverse tasks required to support research activities in the administration of the Optics and Sensing Laboratory (OSLab). The position is a marginal part-time employment (Minijob) with a maximum gross monthly wage of 450 euros.
The OSLab supports research and development of new algorithms for image processing, enhancement and denoising, the integration of sensing systems of different types (stereo, video, range, etc.), new sensors and algorithms for computational photography and astronomy, and the development of real-time sensing systems for robotic platforms.
- register newly purchased equipment and maintain lab inventory
- communication with equipment distributors
- maintain the wiki by creating new pages or edit the existing ones
- develop a new database using MS Excel#
- visualize some output data in MS Excel; convert files from one format to another
- be in charge of the general organization and administration of the lab.
- good English proficiency
- ability to learn quickly, flexibility, and team spirit
- relevant experience with administrative jobs is an advantage
- basic knowledge of MS Office
- ability to maintain an organized research lab environment
The MPI for Intelligent Systems is one of the world's leading research institutions for machine learning, computer vision and robotics, studying the concepts of intelligence and autonomous behavior in artificial systems at different length scales. You will be part of a young team of international scientists and administrative staff.
Salaries will be based on previous experience according to TVöD guidelines. An initial contract will be offered for two years.
The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. The Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
Candidates should send their application in English (CV +cover letter) with reference number 55.17 as one pdf-file to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is 28 July, 2017. If you prefer to send a hardcopy application, you may do so. Please address it to
Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems