Awards and Honors
- Peer Fischer: receives the associated prize of the Steinhofer-Foundation and gives the 2017 Steinhofer lecture at the University pf Freiburg on September 06, 2017.
- Andreas Geiger: receives the 2016 Heinz Maier-Leibnitz Prize - the most important prize for early career researchers in Germany. [read more]
- Samuel Sánchez: wins Catalan Research Award for Young Talent.
- Hyeon-Ho Jeong: was awarded the E-MRS Graduate Student Award for a presentation on Corroison-protected 3D Core-shell Nanocolloids at the 2017 E-MRS Spring Meeting in Strasbourg.
- Peer Fischer: has received the World Technology Award 2016.
- Hyeon-Ho Jeong: was awarded the MRS Gold Graduate Student Award for a presentation on Chiral Plasmonic Nanosensors at the 2016 MRS Fall Meeting in Boston.
- Joachim Gräfe: Ernst-Eckhard-Koch-Prize (granted by Helmholtz Center Berlin).
- Joachim P. Spatz: has been honored with the Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz-Award 2017 of the German Research Foundation (DFG).
- Laura Na Liu: is the recipient of the 2016 IUPAP Young Scientist Prize in Optics for outstanding contributions to Nanooptics, Nanophotonics, Nano plasmonics, and Metamaterials.
- Prof. Dr.Ir. Eric J. Mittemeijer: has been announced as honorary member of the German Society for Materials Science e. V.
- Xing Ma: receives the Günter Petzow Price 2016 for his outstanding research activities in the field of materials science.
- Jonas Peters: elected New Member of the German "Young Academy".
- Federica Bogo, Javier Romero, Matthew Loper, Michael Black: The FAUST dataset was awarded the "Dataset Award" at the Eurographics Symposium on Geometry Processing 2016
- Simon Ebner: Finalist for WODES 2016 Best Student Pape.
- Michael Black: inducted as Foreign Member of Royal Swedish Academy of Science.
- Ludovic Righetti: receives the RAS Early Career Award (Academic) for "his contributions to the theory of, and experiments in, robot locomotion and manipulation". The prize was awarded 19 May 2016 in Stockholm.
- Ludovic Righetti: receives Heinz Maier-Leibnitz Prize 2016 of the German Research Foundation (DFG). The prize was awarded 18 May 2016 in Berlin.
- Joachim P. Spatz: On May 11, 2016, the North Rhine-Westphalian Academy of Sciences, Humanities and the Arts nominated 8 new members. Academy president Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Löwer handed over the admission certificate to the scientists at the occassion of the annual meeeting. [read more].
- Bernhard Schölkopf: has been elected to be a member of the "Leopoldina" (National Academy of Sciences / Nationale Akademie der Wissenschaften).