We are looking for:
Finance Manager / Controller (m/f/d)
- Planning, management and control of the overall budget
- Making proposals for the financing of the institute (business plan)
- Planning and monitoring of the outflow of funds for the derivation of control recommendations
- Carrying out target-actual comparisons to develop options for action
- Identification of risks and measures to limit them
- Reporting on operational business development to the institute's management with plan/actual analyses and ad-hoc evaluations, if necessary
- Preparation of forecasts for reporting to the administrative headquarters of the Max Planck Society
- New ideas and further development of instruments for controlling the institute's budget
- Business studies with a focus on finance and controlling, or comparable education
- Significant professional experience in the area of finance and controlling
- Familiarity with the common Microsoft Office programs and some experience with SAP
- Very good analytical skills; presentation of complex contexts in compressed and simple form
- Excellent knowledge of both German and English languages
- Strong personal communication skills, team spirit, and a reliable, structured, independent and self-reliant way of working
- A high degree of resilience and an above-average desire to perform
A modern work place, a strongly international working environment, and an on-campus day care center for young children. The salary is paid according to TVöD, according to the appointed individual’s qualifications and work experience, including all social benefits according to the rules of the civil service (Federal Service).
The Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems has campuses in Stuttgart and Tübingen.
Our goal is to understand the principles of perception, action and learning in autonomous systems that successfully interact with complex environments and to use this understanding to design future artificially intelligent systems. The institute studies these principles in biological, computational, hybrid, and material systems ranging from nano- to macro-scales. We take a highly interdisciplinary approach that combines mathematics, computation, materials science, and biology.
The Max Planck Society is committed to employing more handicapped individuals and especially encourages them to apply.
The Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in areas where they are under-represented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
Are you interested?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application
Closing date for applications: