Artificial Intelligence is a key technology for industry, medicine, and our society as a whole. The State of Baden-Württemberg, the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, the Universities of Stuttgart and Tübingen, and leading companies from the IT and industrial sectors have joined forces to build one of Europe’s largest research partnerships in Artificial Intelligence: Cyber Valley. This initiative has established new research groups and professorships in the fields of machine learning, robotics, and computer vision, and it will foster a dynamic ecosystem for technology transfer and startups.
- Coordinate scientific activities and research cooperation with academic and industrial partners within the Cyber Valley initiative
- Connect researchers from partner institutions
- Oversee and coordinate research funding for the Cyber Valley research groups, including third party funding
- Manage the recruiting process for new research group leaders
- Prepare presentations and reports
- Organize scientific and public events
- Represent Cyber Valley research activities externally at public events, conferences, and in the media
- Completed scientific higher education, preferably Ph.D.
- Computer science or engineering background is preferred
- Experience in public or private research management
- Possible experience in industry research
- Willingness to learn about AI research
- Excellent command of both English and German (at least C1 level)
You have excellent organizational and analytical skills, and you are confident to take on a responsible and dedicated role in an international team. Your communication and conflict resolution skills are excellent. You are familiar with the local, national, and international research landscape (public / industrial) as well as with research funding. You are highly motivated to work in research management and passionate about new technologies.
Salaries will be based on experience according to TVöD guidelines. An initial contract will be offered for two years, and subsequent extension is possible. This is a full-time position. The Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. We are committed to employing more handicapped individuals and especially encourage them to apply.
Inquiries should be sent to Tamara Almeyda: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems and the Cyber Valley can be found at http://www.is.mpg.de/ and at http://cyber-valley.de/.
The position is available at the earliest convenience and will be open until filled. Applications should be sent in English.
To apply please follow this link: https://lotus2.gwdg.de/mpg/msmt/perso/is_s001.nsf/application