The Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems in Tübingen is looking for a Thesis writing student (Bachelor’s or Master’s thesis) to develop an Augmented Reality (AR) interaction pipeline. The interaction pipeline will be a basis for future research projects as well as for integration of the latest tracking models for human bodies or specific body parts (e.g. hands), that have been developed in the institute.
The Optics and Sensing Laboratory supports research and development of new algorithms for image processing, enhancement and denoising, the integration of sensing systems of different types (stereo, video, range, etc.), new sensors and algorithms for computational photography and astronomy, and the development of real-time sensing systems for robotic platforms.
- Learn how to program the augmented reality headset META2 using Unity software
- Integrate headsets with portable computers
- Develop a framework for shared AR space
- Create an example (demo) for multiple user interaction including physical and virtual objects
- Integrate existing tracking models
What we are looking for
The candidate will be a highly motivated student with a background in computer graphics, computer science or audio visualmedia and that is ready to work on this topic for half a year.
- Strong background in computer graphics
- Experience in programming, preferably in 3D environments (Unity)
- Basic knowledge of cameras and electronic components, experience with AR/VR in generalis an advantage.
- Applicants must be matriculatedstudents with excellent conversational and writing skills in English (working language). German proficiency is a plus.
What we offer
In this project, you will be exposedto cutting-edge technologies related to computer vision and multi-sensor systems. We offer an interdisciplinary, open research environment among international staff, with connections to institutions within and outside of Germany. The post is ideally suited for students looking to extend their scientific and cultural horizons.
The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. The Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
Candidates should send their application in English with reference number 04.19 to email@example.com.
The application should include 2 PDF files, one-page CV and one-page with filledquestionnaire
Link to questionnaire: https://tinyurl.com/yx9xxhv8
*Note: applications without a completedquestionnaire will not be considered! Please follow the instructions carefully.
If you prefer to send a hardcopy application, you may do so. Please address it to:
Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems
Heisenbergstr. 1, 70569 Stuttgart